Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Muddle: Projects and Parties

Sorry to say I have to give the RT Convention a pass this year. Events happening during the school year have always been a challenge, and I hate to miss anything happening in Dallas. I enjoyed attending RT when it was in Houston and I wish I'd taken more time to see the city. I've been to Dallas before when my sister lived there and would love to go back.

While all the RT authors are having fun deep in the heart of Texas, I'll be part of the TRS Staying Home Party. It's free, and I and other authors are giving away stuff. Hope you come by.

I tend to let readers choose from my back and front list. So if you win one of my drawings you could pick up Sexy To Go, Volume 4.

Buy Now: ARe / AMZ / BN / KOBO /ITUNES 

I'm about halfway into the second part of "Sly Fox", which will be in Volume 5. Once both stories are finished, I'll move on with Sexy To Go to include stories under my other name. Speaking of, I have a new release, a sweeter romance.
Geek Meet Girl is now available for 99 cents. I wrote this a while ago after attending a con. It's a departure from my Leigh stuff, and going forward I hope to find a balance with both author names. I have a few ideas in the fire and look forward to a summer of writing.

Geek Meets Girl, Buy Now: ARe ~ AMZ ~ BN ~ KOBO ~ ITUNES ~ SMASH

A Time Lord, a Trekker, and a Ghostbuster walk into a science fiction convention. One finds love, one finds trouble, one finds both.

Grace is excited to attend her first event, while con veteran Mick enjoys tweaking her in a debate over whether or not Quantum Leap is superior to Doctor Who. Meanwhile, Mick’s roommate has designs on Grace to win a bet which has nothing to do fandoms.

Mick trades in his redshirt for shining armor, but can he win Grace’s heart first?

~

I've done some reading, not much in the way of romance. I got on a 70s music kick with a memoir by Dennis Bryon, who was the drummer for the Bee Gees' band during their Saturday Night Fever peak. You Should Be Dancing (Pre-Order AMZ / BN) is a fun book and one you might enjoy if you're into the 70s and a Bee Gees fan. It's not really sensationalist, but informative if you want to know what it's like to be a studio and touring musician. In some ways it's a cautionary tale - one can make a decent living as a musician, but unless you have a financial plan be careful you don't find yourself in dire straits.

The Last Party (ARe / AMZ / BN / KOBO /ITUNES) by Anthony Haden-Guest covers the brief history of Studio 54 and New York nightlife in the late 70s. It moves slower than the other book and is dry in patches, a surprise considering the topic. You go in expecting sordid tales of this rock star snorting coke off some movie star's bum, and you get tastes of gossip, but for the most part you read about the people who ran these clubs and their illegal activities. 

This Mother's Day I got a nice Amazon credit added to my account, so I'll be looking for more romances to try. Feel free to suggest some.




No comments: