Friday, March 20, 2015

TGIF: Time To Read, Part X - Nemesis



Getting this blatant ad out of the way first. All my Phaze titles are 25% off on the site. What's more, Dare Me is discounted 25% at All Romance and Amazon until next month, too.

NOTICE: I just recently got the rights back to Enter Sandman, Why Why Zed?, and A Winter's Dare, so you might want to hold off on getting those stories. They will be heavily revised and reissued, the M/Ms in a collection and the Dare story as a longer work. The code above is good for eBook and print, so if you want a paperback it's a good deal.

I expect to finish The Virgin's Daughter by Laura Andersen (pre-order: AMZ / BN / KOBO) this weekend. This is a follow-up to Andersen's Boleyn Trilogy, alternate histories where Anne Boleyn had a son and therefore Henry VIII stopped at two marriages. I loved those books and figured the story ended there, but Andersen has billed Virgin as a "Tudor Legacy" novel. It's set in the same universe and is also alternative history. This time Elizabeth I has issue and must ensure the line continues via a good marriage for her daughter and heir. I like the story so far, and I'm curious to see how far Andersen can draw this line. English history is brimming with plenty of "should haves" to keep her writing for a while.

I also plan to read Dorothy Parker Drank Here by Ellen Meister (ARe / AMZ / BN / Kobo). Another instance of where I thought a story ended. The previous book, Farewell, Dorothy Parker, ended with a finality that led me to believe Meister wouldn't revisit this world. But here's a second book, and I liked the first one (didn't love it). I'm intrigued enough to see where the story goes.

My reading challenges are still on the radar. That's the problem with too many books and too little time.



No comments: