Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday Muddle: The Waiting

It's fifty degrees outside right now. I should be wearing shorts and frolicking in the surf. I can't remember the last time it was This. Broiling. Hot.

"Sarcasm?" asked Sheldon Cooper. "Yes and no," I answer.

This week I remain in a holding pattern for a number of things. I'm waiting for a check for a freelance job (client is often late and evasive, and I should consider moving on). I'm waiting to hear on a submission and, as I've learned, so are other authors who sent work to the same call. I'm waiting for confirmation on a few stories for which I've asked for rights reversal. I'm waiting on a royalty check and wondering what I'll see on the statement...and sadly ask myself if it's accurate. More on that another time, I need to be positive.

Did I mention I have a number of stories available in audio format? A romance blog to which I contribute, Isn't It Romantic, is giving away two Audible codes for a blog hop. If you win, please try one. I believe I've also donated audiobooks to other giveaways happening around here. Just look for the name.

~

This past week I finished Two Howls by Sean Michael (ARe / AMZ / BN), which I enjoyed. I also realize I have only read Sean's ARe novellas, which should change. There are so many great M/M romance authors out there, and I haven't the time to read everybody. I find when I read more, I write more, so it's a good habit for me.

It took flippin' forever, but I finally finished Children of Dune by Frank Herbert (ARe / AMZ / BN / KOBO). Another reader on GR posed that this series declines in quality with each book. I loved Dune - I'd consider it my favorite science fiction book, and I liked Dune Messiash almost as much. Children, not so much. The story dragged, and most of the characters were unlikable. The absence of Paul for the most part hurt this installment, and at this point I don't think I'll read any more Dune books. I had only pledged to read the original trilogy, and that's finally done.

Right now I'm finally getting into Gone Girl. Never read it, haven't seen the movie, don't know what happens. So don't spoil it for me. :P

~

Get Leigh's Ultra-Sexy Monthly Newsletter

* indicates required


View previous campaigns.


No comments: