For now, I'm reading and talking about what I read, with the occasional self-serving promo thrown in. I'm not actively soliciting books for review because I have plenty in my possession. Don't think this is a book grab, I get plenty during rebate sales at ARe. In case you're wondering what I like, here goes:
- Small-town contemporary romances: Stuff like Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold series, Kristan Higgins and Donna Kauffman, etc. I tend to go no further than four or five books before I burn out, though.
- Historicals: Favorites are Tudor-era through the 20's Britain, Old Hollywood stories, and early 20th century America. Doesn't have to be romance.
- LGBT fiction: I'll read M/M romance but I'm partial to F/F. It's sorely under-represented on review blogs, so if it looks interesting I'll try it.
- Biographies and history: I'll probably review these under my real name.
I'll read just about anything, but some topics interest me more than others. I'm less likely to pick up:
- Hate literature: Goes without saying.
- Heavy BDSM romance: I do read a few authors, but otherwise this isn't my bag.
- Alpha-hole heroes: You know the books. If an author is writing more for a trope than a story, meh.
- P2P Fan Fiction: I'll just read the fanfic if I want to.
Also, when I review I wish to highlight books that are available at more than two retailers. I'm not anti-KDP select, but I like options when I shop for books. I like to think other reader do as well. This doesn't mean I won't review a Select title, just that you'll find variety here.
If you're an author looking for a place to promo, my door is open. Giveaways, cover reveals, book blasts...you name it, we'll work on it.
That's it for now. I have to get a nice avatar to go with the site, then I'm off!