Sunday, November 30, 2014

Christmas Wonder Blog Hop

Welcome to the Christmas Wonder Blog hop!

I love the Christmas season, but to be honest gifts do not interest me these days. I have enough things, too many things, and in 2015 I have my eye on paring down things I haven't used in years. If I want to listen to music, I go online. Same with movies and books. I read digitally, so that means fewer books stacked on the floor.

Oh, I still have books, but as I move forward I find that I prefer to go green. My library got a workout this year.

This year, my husband and I will do as last year: share the experience of a gift. For my little one, I might look into activities she can do with her Scout troop or plan a trip. She's still in the toy stage, and I suspect soon she'll want for bigger ticket items - the phone, the tablet. For me twenty-odd years ago it was the boom box. Can you still buy one of those?

What do you most look forward to during the season? Comment below and I will pick three random winners to receive two eBooks from my backlist. Age 18+, please, no purchase necessary to win.

Don't forget the big giveaway below. Good luck!


~


~






12 comments:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

I love the season too :) We don't really do much on gifts anymore for the family. We all have the problem of just having too much stuff. lol It's great to get together though :)

Thanks so much for joining in on the hop this month!

mai tran said...

I look forward to good food, good talk, and long sleep for the holiday season.

Jean MP said...

This hasn't been a good year for us, so this year instead of gifts, we are just going to go to a hockey game, that will be our gift to one another.
Happy Holidays.
skpetal at hotmail dot com

bn100 said...

the decorations

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Nay Nay said...

I love seeing the wonder and excitement in the children's eyes when they look at the decorated houses and the trees in the malls. I look forward to seeing my family all gathered around the table having fun and lots of food. Thanks for being part of this fun hop and for the chance to win. <^_^>
reneebennett35 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Molly Mortensen said...

I think it's just portable speakers nowadays and it's not called a boombox anymore. Kids don't know what they're missing. lol Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Anne said...

I look forward to the 4 extra days off with pay.

K Davis said...

Thanks for the giveaway! Merry Christmas!

Marnie Ward said...

During the holiday season I look forward to the Christmas Spirit in the air and how it affects everyone! I think it’s wonderful when people give to others and they do it anonymously, like paying off the lay-away of someone they do not know.

BookLady said...

During the holiday season I look forward to spending time with family and friends. Thanks for the great giveaway. Happy Holidays!
bhometchko(at)hotmail(dot)com

Holly Letson said...

My fiance' got me the Amazon Fire Phone on Black Friday, and that was my present this year. Even on sale, it was $200, so we couldn't really afford anything else. I've been using it to read Kindle books, too, which is nice.

Like you, I also have been using the library. Spokane has 16 of them, which is a real blessing, so that I can read books without having to buy them.

Holly Letson ~ bookaholicholly at gmail dot com

Cattsy Goldfinch said...

During the holiday season, I generally look forward to the seasonal sales; getting cheap stuff feels great!
cattsy.goldfinch(at)gmail(dot)com