Saturday, September 27, 2014

I Don't Know What I Want To Do

I should be happy right now. I have another story contracted with Decadent Publishing, and my experience with them is very positive. I submitted a story to Coming Together, and regardless of the outcome I plan to share the work in some way. I'm going to be part of a box set with some great ladies, and that's due out in November. I have also started on a few ideas that excite me. I should be happy.

You know, I am in a way. I like to keep busy, but focus is my problem right now. There is so much to do and I feel scattered just thinking about everything. I have a few open WIPs, some editing work, and some stories that came back...which I have not touched.

I have a re-published backlist that needs some love. I am thinking of a complete cover redo for everything, to make my indie titles appear more uniform. Cover styles change over time and I would like to stay relevant, and let readers know that yo... I'm still here.

I mentioned in an earlier post about issues with another publisher of mine. You probably know the scoop from other people. I don't talk much about it because I am fairly new there. I feel like Winston Zeddemore in this respect, when he tells the mayor I've only been here a few weeks, but I have seen sh*t that will turn you white. The book is only a few months old, nowhere near eligibility for reversion. I can only focus on the positive and hope everything works out for everybody involved.

Where does this leave me? I'm taking a serious look at where I am now, where I'd hope to be, and where I can go. I don't want to be the author who makes a grand, sweeping announcement and then renege. I will ask, though, for a positive thought and good vibe. Not just for me, but for all the authors going through issues right now. Ask them to recommend a book for you to buy and help them out. Every little bit helps.

No comments: