Friday, September 19, 2014

Fall Into Romance Blog Hop

Welcome to the Fall into Romance Blog Hop! I'm thrilled to take part, and hope you will comment to win an audio book from my back list.

Much as I love summer, I prefer autumn these days. Where I live, it's neither too hot nor too cold, and all the best festivals happen in this time. There's pumpkin flavored everything, and all the books I can't wait to read come out. This fall is a bit light for me in terms of book releases, but that's only because I'm hitting heavy in the winter and spring.

Fall brings to mind cozy nights at home, caramel apple cider, new episodes of my favorite shows. I like snuggling on the couch when the weather gets cooler, and reading. Love love love to read, and for some reason my productivity increases late in the year. Must be the cold - if I type faster I stay warm. I continue to write this month, and hopefully will see the result in the usual online retailers next year. For now, I'll leave you with a snippit of something I'm working on. It's super short, because I'm trying to decide what to do with it.

Ant figured the driver hadn’t ranted for his benefit and so he walked backward a few steps before turning to face Pacific Ave. Late December meant few vehicles, if any, and a clear view of the blue horizon. His fox sensibilities tended to pull him toward woodsy marsh areas, but he also loved the ocean. Though he could go outside in his pajamas pants and t-shirt, he knew the water would be too damn cold for a dip. Even in his fur, he wouldn’t chance it.

He spent the next few minutes playing traffic controller, waving the U-Haul to the point where the driver could reverse safely onto the main road and drive to his side of the complex. The curly-haired man waved with a smile and yanked the stick to drive.

“Some Christmas, huh?” he called out as he rolled away.

Ant stood in place, unfazed by sharp exhaust fumes, and keeping an eye on the beautiful face reflected in the huge driver’s side mirror.


Some Christmas. Ho ho ho.

It gets hotter later on, you'll have to trust me.

a Rafflecopter giveaway


~





10 comments:

Jean MP said...

Okay want to read more that was too short!
skpetal at hotmail dot com

laurie said...

i want to read more now lol

parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

kmcgrew213 said...

more more more! lol

kmcgrew213@aolDOTcom

Kyra Tinker said...

I can't wait to read more pretty please!!!!!

Sula said...

Thank you for that tasty little taster to your new story, I like it already...he sounds like a fox shifter and nice romance potential for him with the curly haired truck drive, perhaps his mate?

Thank you also for a chance to win an audio copy of one of your books. When is this new story going to be coming out? slholland30 {at} outlook {dot} com.

bn100 said...

Sounds interesting

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Heare2Watts said...

Tease! LOL, thank you for sharing.
Redrabbitt@aol.com

Sherry said...

Can't wait to read more.
sstrode at scrtc dot com

Linda Kish said...

Sounds good.

lkish77123 at gmail dot com

Marsha Dawson said...

Thanks! Dawsonmarsha@yahoo.com