Saturday, May 17, 2014

Hop Against Homophobia with Leigh Ellwood

I am pleased to once again participate in the Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia. It's timely that this hop comes when I've released my first 1NS story with Decadent Publishing, which is M/M and touches on homophobia themes. A Different Class is an ARe Bestseller and hit a few Amazon category bestseller lists, and I'm thrilled by that. Thanks if you picked up the story.

You can buy it now!

ARe ~ Kindle ~ B&N ~ Decadent Publishing

In the meantime, I am working on the follow-up, to be called Class Act. The theme of this story is a bit different, but you can be certain Madame Eve is involved.

The idea for A Different Class came to me over time, as I read stories about people who suffered anti-gay bullies in school. Not long ago I received notice of my high school reunion, and from there I thought of people in that same situation. If you were bullied in school for being gay, would you go? Would you see if anybody matured, or if they remained the same horrible bullies?

In A Different Class, Roderick could care less about his 10 year reunion. He's dedicated to the company he founded in memory of his dear friend. He wants a night at 1Night Stand to relax, but little does he know Madame Eve has arranged a reunion for him, of sorts.

Glenn had his own bullying problems in the past, too, but he approaches the situation differently. If you'd like to know how it ends I hope you'll check out the story.

If you comment today, at the end of the hop I'll choose one random reader to win an eBook from my backlist. I write M/M and F/F and other pairings/menages - LGB, and a T on the way.

~

23 comments:

Ray said...

Your book Class Act really sounds different. I liked it more because recently I have worked on a anti-bullying anthology.

By the way, I like f/f pairing more. What about you as a writer?

ladyunwritten[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Lee Todd said...

please count me in

leetee2007@hotmail.com

Kitty's Random Thoughts said...

This is very moving for me. Just lost my sister who was a lesbian. I miss her so much. She and her partner were not allowed to get married in our state which broke my heart. Love is love, that's it plain and simple. No matter what people said to her about being with someone of the same sex she proudly held her head up. She was a great inspiration to all of us. This is a wonderful blog post and hop <3
kittyissweet@gmail.com

Crystal Marie said...

Love the post! Thanks for the chance!

crystal_2_18(at)hotmail(dot)com

Jen CW said...

I like the premise of Class Act. Thank you for the great post and giveaway! I think i need to go add Class Act to my TBR list.

Anonymous said...

I'm not eager to attend any reunions, but I do want to read this story!

vitajex(at)aoL(Dot)com

Jolynn Raymond said...

Your story strikes a cord, both because I am a lesbian who has to face bigotry on occasion and because what I wrote about today for this hop speaks of the pain of bullies and bigots. We cannot change who we are.

Erica Pike said...

I also tend to focus on homophobia in my stories. Probably because of the bullying aspect, but I'm a bully victim. I guess I like to explore the different effects from bullying, since people deal with things differently.

Thanks for taking part in the hop :)

Rodney Batterman said...

Great post & giveaway.
rockybatt@gmail.com

H.B. said...

I'm not one for class reunions or crowds. I like to believe that if I was bullied I would like to go just to face my demons.

humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

Sadieforsythe said...

Yes, please.
sadie @ sadieforsythe dot com

Lena Grey said...

Hi Leigh. Thanks for participating in the Hop. I enjoyed your post. lena.grey.iam@gmail.com

Caddy Rowland said...

I have little interest in class reunions. I've stayed in touch with those I want to. :) caddyauthor(at)gmail(dot)com

Caddy Rowland said...

I have little interest in class reunions. I've stayed in touch with those I want to. :) caddyauthor(at)gmail(dot)com

Andrew Ashling said...

An interesting question, Leigh. Frankly, I think we should go, but a lot depends on what place you're in at that moment in time.
Thanks for participating.

Rissa said...

I'm still friends with the main group of peeps I hung out with in school, I have no reason to go to a reunion and see those I didn't care to see while in school.

Thanks for being a part of the hop!

ShirleyAnn said...

I've never been to a school reunion but I suppose if you had been bullied and was now confident at about yourself maybe you could go to a reuion.

ShirleyAnn(at)speakman40(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk

bn100 said...

not interested in reunions

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Anastasia Vitsky said...

You already know that I love your writing, and this sounds great. I have never gone to a class reunion, and I probably never will. Too far away. :)

KimberlyFDR said...

Thanks for taking part in the hop!

kimberlyFDR@yahoo.com

Wendy Hoffman said...

Thank you for participating and for the chance to enter! wendynjason04@gmail.com

Sherry said...

Class Act sounds really good. I never go to reunions.
sstrode at scrtc dot com

Leigh Ellwood said...

Sadie wins! thanks for commenting everybody.