Friday, February 21, 2014

Guest Author: Giselle Renarde - There’s More to Bi than MMF

Please welcome Giselle Renarde!

A lot has changed since I started writing erotica back in 2006, but one thing’s stayed the same: when the word “bisexual” comes up, it pretty much always means “MMF ménage.” 

Not that there’s anything wrong with MMF ménage.  I’ve written plenty.  My novel “Anonymous” is devoted entirely to a married couple craving another man so hard they hire one.  The problem is that when “bisexual” equates with MMF ménage as strongly as it seems to in most readers’ minds, it pushes all other possibilities right out the window.

If you know me, you know I’m queer.  And if you don’t know me, I’m telling you now.  My tastes have changed over the years.  When I was younger I was much more attracted to men than I am now.  Now, my primary attraction is to women.  I don’t identify as bisexual because I don’t believe gender is binary.  I’m attracted to people who don’t identify along clear-cut gender lines.  “Queer” is a word I’ve been drawn to ever since it was reclaimed.

Anyway, I’m talking “bisexual” today because that’s a label I’ve slapped (ouch!) on my group sex anthology, KINKSTERS.  The book’s full title is Kinksters: 12 Stories of Wild Group Sex, Bisexual Fun and Kinky Pleasures.  Of those twelve kinky stories, many are about all-girl group sex.  That’s a float-my-boat fantasy, so I went with it.

There are MMF ménage stories in Kinksters, too.  I don’t want people thinking I’m anti-MMF in any way.  Crikey, I’ve written enough of it!  Let’s see… four appear in this collection, including one voyeuristic encounter, plus a story about a ridiculously rich cougar who hires 5 men to act out her sex swing fantasy, and a three-couple swapping story. 

“Bisexual” encompasses Kinksters as a whole.  Not every character in the book is bi. Some identify as lesbian or straight or queer or gay.  Some of the characters never state their sexual identity outright—we draw our own conclusions based on what we watch them do.  Some characters, like Susitna from my tornado fetish story In The Eye, identify reluctantly as bisexual (she’s not a fan of the word—why can’t she just identify as sexual?) although we don’t watch her get it on with any women… and we DO watch her get it on with two men.

It’s great that readers love MMF ménage, but “bisexual” means more than just “two guys boinking a girl.”  That’s one reason it was so important to me to put a diverse group of queer group sex stories together in Kinksters.

And the KINK?  Well, that’s just icing on the cake!

Kink it up as an ebook or in print at:
CreateSpace (print only): https://www.createspace.com/4657279


Giselle Renarde
Canada just got hotter!



No comments: