Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cave Dwelling

So, in case you missed my big announcement at this year's Lesbian Fiction Appreciation Event, I am officially an Ellora's Cave author!


You won't see me on the site for a while, though. I have signed three contracts with EC, the first being for a novella of lesbian romance. Sugar Rush was submitted for a special call for lesbian erotica and romance - Hot Pink. That story will be made available in late June. I don't have a cover yet, but plan to reveal one as soon as I get an okay. The other two stories are for the follow-up story, Sugar High, and an as-yet untitled menage.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be part of the EC family. I've met many EC authors over the years, and I know many personally. I love their RT parties, too. Once, a few years back, an Ellora's Cave editor contacted me and invited to send her work. That flattered me, to know somebody was watching. When I began work on Sugar Rush I had no real plans for it beyond finishing. I figured I might shop it around, or else I'd self-pub. To tell the truth, though, with all the changes happening in publishing I felt I needed to take time and decide what was best for my career.

As I noodled around with the story, an author I follow on Twitter RT'd a tweet from Ellora's Cave with the call news. It shone like a beacon for me - it had been a while since I submitted work for a special call like this, so I took it as a sign. I would send the work and let the dice roll. When my new editor contacted me, I wanted to Snoopy dance!

Now, I know EC is known more for their alpha heroes and BDSM and sci-fi, but I'm pleased to see their F/F offerings grow. I feel they want to invest more in the genre, else they would not have put out this call. Does this mean I'll write only F/F for Ellora's Cave? No. Like I said, I do plan a menage for them, and I will send them stories in a variety of pairings as long as they will tolerate me. :-)

This brings my total of 2014 contracts to four right now. You know, toward the end of last year I felt at a crossroads, wondering what to do about my writing. The confidence a publisher has placed in me helped - I am renewed in 2014 and can't wait to write!




No comments: