Official blog of Romance Author Leigh Ellwood

Leigh writes adult books! Erotic romance, M/M erotic romance, and F/F erotica. SEE LEIGH'S FULL BOOK LIST.
E-Mail kspatwriter (at) yahoo (dot) com ~ Follow Twitter @LeighEllwood


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Smile, Somebody Loves You! New Year's Eve Blog Hop

Welcome to the New Year's Eve blog hop! Check out the Rafflecopter below and comment here to win a cool prize!

So, shall we look fondly back on 2013 or never speak of it again? I don't know about you, but this past year, on paper, was one of my better ones. I saw a few stories released, I contracted a few stories with some awesome publishers, and I got to Disney World...twice. I would go back and change some things if I could, but really I have no reason to complain. Later on, though, I will. ;-)

I have only made a few resolutions for 2014: read more books, be less of a butthead than I was in 2013, and just be happy. Sounds simple, but at times being happy is hard work. If you have to deal with people who are anything but, for example, you'll find happiness a lofty goal. I've had a few days to ponder my future, and I decided if I make the choice to be happy, my environment will change for the better. I'll go for hikes in the spring, eat more kale, drink more water, and smile even if it hurts. If I sound too much like a hippie I apologize, but I consider the Debbie-downer alternative and am not enamored by it.

I look forward to 2014 and a few new releases coming early in the year. My short story in Coming Together Through the Storm is a sexy romp through a fierce hurricane, and my upcoming 1Night Stand for Decadent Publishing, A Different Class, is a hot, long overdue reunion between two male schoolmates. Later this month, I'm participating in Katiebabs's Lesbian Romance Appreciation Event, where I'll have an amazing announcement.

My resolution in 2014? To keep it up. What's yours? Share one resolution in the comments below and I'll draw one winner for a backlist eBook title. (18+ please)

a Rafflecopter giveaway


~

11 comments:

nancy said...

I resolved years ago not to make New Year Resolutions and that is one I have managed to keep. Therefore I just renew it each year.

Beverly Ovalle said...

I hope to have more published this year! And to have my family happy and healthy. Thank you for joining us on the hop!

bn100 said...

Happy New Year! Reading more books

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

flossiebentonrogers.com said...

My keyword to focus on this year is gratitude. I also hope to be organized enough to publish a holiday story and still meet my other writing deadlines. Here's to meeting our goals! 2014 blessings to you and yours.

Madison Sevier said...

Happy New Year :) Great post and thank you for the chance to meet you and participate in your contest :) My one resolution would be...To slow down and really enjoy every moment. Hugs!
madisonsevier at yahoo dot com

Tamara Hoffa said...

I don't make resolutions. I live in the moment!

Kim cornwell said...

I hope to be a happier person this year! 2013 was filled with to much sadness! Happy new year everyone!

Kathy Osborn said...

I don't make resolutions as I can't keep them, but I am going to start reading more books this year. Happy New Years and thanks for the hop and giveaway. koala571 (at) msn (dot) com

Elise VanCise said...

My resolutions are to be healthier and wirte daily. :)
Happy New Year and here's hoping 2014 brings much success and many blessings :) Gladiator's Pen

Daniel M said...

get out of debt! - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Tuere Morton said...

Strange. Not sure if my comment posted but I like your one-liner "Keep it up." Simple and to the point! Best of publishing success in 2014 :)