Official blog of Romance Author Leigh Ellwood

Leigh writes adult books! Erotic romance, M/M erotic romance, and F/F erotica. SEE LEIGH'S FULL BOOK LIST.
E-Mail kspatwriter (at) yahoo (dot) com ~ Follow Twitter @LeighEllwood


Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNo, No

I'd like to wish all the writers taking part in NaNoWriMo the best of luck this month. I have participated in NaNo, usually unofficially, for the past few years and have done well. Dare to Act was a NaNo project, and I have a few trunk novels I should probably polish. It is with some sadness, though, that I have decided to pass this year. It's not that I do not think NaNo is a good exercise. It's great. I feel this year I need to work at my own pace and take care of some things with regards to my writing.

In lieu of writing 50K in a month, I have decided to up my reading in November. I pledged to read 125 books in 2013, and I'm in the low 90s right now. My plan is to make the goal by November 30 and let my December reading become gravy. I have several TBR books in my ARe library and Kindle stash, plus a few library books out. I slacked off a bit in October, and I am hoping a read-a-thon will help me find some purpose for the coming year.

If you'd like to read more in November, be sure to check out my backlist.

No comments: