I went to the bookstore last night to have a look around. November is great time for publishing because all the Christmas gift books are ready, and all I have to do is stroll the shelves and spend money in my mind. I likely won't get all the books I ask for this year, but I have a library card and some ARe credit left, so I'll be fine this holiday. Just a few titles I'm looking forward to reading include:
- Eminent Hipsters by Donald Fagen (big Steely Dan fan here)
- Robert Plant by Paul Rees (my husband knew a guy who knew Robert Plant; that guy had some interesting stories)
- Jeeves and the Wedding Bells by Sebastian Faulks (I love the original Jeeves stories. I'm not a fan of these "sequel" books done by other authors, but I'll give this a shot.)
- Star Wars: Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn (Zahn is my favorite SW tie-in author. Haven't read a SW book in ages, but I hear this is like Oceans 11 with Wookies. Can't ignore that.)
- In Bed With Gore Vidal by Tim Teeman (My writing professor knew Gore Vidal. Now he had some stories.)
- Johnny Carson by Henry Bushkin (I hear this haz gossip.)
I'm also reading down my ARe library, will hopefully make a dent over Christmas vacation. What are you reading?