Thursday, July 18, 2013

Quiet Contemplation and Writing

Let me say right now that I am useless in a political argument. I have always been a right brain thinker, and as a person of faith I am often at odds when it comes to situations where one should do what's right for himself or for society as a whole. It's been a rough few weeks for the country between the bills in Texas and the trials in Florida. Sometimes you wish you could just wave a magic wand and make everything better. Doesn't happen that way. My heart aches for so many people for different reasons, and I fear if I say something it will come out wrong. Funny how a writer suffers a loss for words. For now, though, I've taken the advice of St. Francis: pray.

I am having a busy summer. I am ohsoclose to turning in the final draft of Coming Together: Girl on Girl to Coming Together for publication. I have a blog tour in the works for that, and I'm excited to share the first F/F anthology from that publisher. Writing-wise, I'm working on an untitled F/F and the sequel to Long Awaited Friend at the same time. I have a solo weekend coming up, so it's time to break out the Red Bull and kale chips and get to work. Also, the story I contributed to Girl on Girl will be lengthened into a novella or short novel. Haven't decided yet.

Recently, I finished the first draft of a book I'll release under my real name. I foresee quite a bit of work on that one, so I'll have more news later. Also, I signed up to appear at The Novel Experience Event in Atlanta next year - that and AAD 2014 are my two big book events for the next year. Already I'm working on goodies to give away.

So my summer is pretty much spoken for. I hope to log some time at the beach on weekends, provided the sidewalk doesn't melt on the walk there. Stay cool, wherever you are, and find peace and love.

No comments: