Monday, December 10, 2012

The New Year: How I Did and How I'll Do

So we are coming to the end of yet another year. I found five more strands of silver in my hair, which isn't too bad since I have enough brown to conceal them. This morning I was looking over the resolutions made at the beginning of 2012 and, while I didn't achieve everything, I don't think the year was an epic fail:

My 2012 resolutions were:

1) Lose all the weight I gained last year, after losing 40 pounds the year before. I'm all for recycling, but this is ridiculous.





I actually did lose a significant amount of weight this year. Unfortunately, the weight loss triggered problems with my gallbladder and it had to come out. I'm feeling better now, but still watching my weight.

2) Hike and camp more. I used to love camping when I was younger, and my daughter has taken to it as well. The goal this year is four outings, even if it's to the local KOA.


Alas, time got away from me this year and we didn't get to do any camping.

3) Write two full-length works. Winning NaNoWriMo in 2011 was a big boost for me. If I can write 50K in a month, I damn sure can double that at the very least this year.



This I sort of accomplished. I had Dare to Act come out under this name and Rock Til You Drop out under another. Pure Bliss was also released, and I'm 30K into Bittersweet, the follow up to Taste This. Wordwise, it was a good year for me.

4) Get to see that show on Broadway while Alan Rickman's still starring in it. I will crawl to New York if I have to.


Didn't happen, dammit. I didn't get to see Rush this year, either, because of the gallbladder operation. However, 2012 wasn't a total loss - I did get to a Monkees show (2nd one for me, first time seeing Nez).

5) Redesign the website. Yeah, yeah...


You know, it looks fine just the way it is.

6) Be happier.

Working on it.

For 2013, I'm aiming lower. This way I won't be too disappointed and I won't have to explain my lazy ass come December. So I resolve:

1) Eat better.
2) Roller skate more.
3) Write more.
4) Read more.

Simple enough, eh?

No comments: