Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat - and a Treat for You

Yes, I have sucked at blogging lately, but I do have a good excuse. About two weeks ago, on the day I was to have left for the Newark Rush concert, I came down with severe abdominal pains. I had thought nothing of it at first, because I had suffered a few gallbladder attacks over the summer. I just figured I needed to alter my diet and I'd be okay. So I started eating better and the pain went away. Cool. Then one weekend I had a sandwich and the pain flared up again, and didn't stop all week. By that Friday, the 19th, I was doubled over in pain as I drove to the ER. I love Rush, but I'm not about to die for them.

Long story short, I checked in around 11 and left the next morning. Gallbladder had to come out. Surgeon said it was the worst one she'd ever seen. Glad nobody's ever said that about one of my books - to my face, anyway. So for the last ten days or so I've been in a fog. I'm tempted to be Dr. House for Halloween because I have the necessary props - the Vicodin, the scowl - but I think I'll just take the kid out for trick and treat and go to bed early.

Now, this period hasn't been all bad. I did manage to finish a novella which I plan to submit soon, and I'm 7k into the sequel to Taste This, finally! I look forward to working on that and another piece while I do other things. For Halloween, I'm giving away M-SQUARED via AllRomance for free until Friday only! Go get it while you can, it goes back to regular price Saturday. I heard from the narrator doing the audio book, it's coming along. Can't wait to share it.

For now, it's back to the grind. I hope to have good news soon.

2 comments:

June M. said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Leigh Ellwood said...

Thanks so much. I'm getting better every day. :)