Monday, September 17, 2012

What I'm Reading

I checked out Redshirts based on its interesting premise. A group of new recruits to a starship have figured out that being a new ensign on the Intrepid is akin to being part of an endangered species. I'm about halfway through it - it's like Galaxy Quest meets The Truman Show and is pretty intriguing so far. Will have to see how the rest of it pans out.

I pledged through Goodreads to read 100 books this year, and I have about 40 to go. This last week I read the following:

Clockwork Angels: The Novel by Kevin J. Anderson - 2 1/2 stars (full review at Books That Rock Us)

Marilyn: The Passion and the Paradox by Lois Banner - 2 stars (third Marilyn Monroe bio I've read)

The Magic Christian by Terry Southern - 2 stars (nothing like the movie)

It may not seem like I had a successful outing, but I found something to enjoy in each of these books read. I have a trip coming up which will leave me plenty of time to read some more and knock out more slots in the TBR.







No comments: