Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fun With Coupons

Today I'm hitting Harris Teeter with a load of $1.00 off coupons - they are holding a double special, and I find I can stock up on good pantry staples. It's usually a good time to pick up that extra jar of Nutella and a few packs of MIO liquid, which I go through like water (heh). Since I plan to cook more at home this fall, things like soup starters and pasta are good to have in a pinch, too.

Update: Word of warning if you walk to a register with a stack of coupons - watch the monitor to make sure every last one is scanned. The girl at my checkout - bless her heart, she may have been new - scanned two that didn't take, and when I pointed it out she didn't do anything. I could have been a bitch about it, but I should feel lucky to be in a position where I don't have to haggle over a few dollars. Still, for some it could make a difference, so keep an eye out.

This trip, I double a Dove chocolate coupon and a Milky Way coupon to get some cheap candy - 39 cents a bar after it worked out. I got half a gallon of Silk Fruit and Protein drink for 99 cents, and a crock of Country Crock mashed potatoes for 99 cents. In the end, though, I didn't save more than half on the groceries like I normally do, but I did buy items for which I didn't have coupons.

Next week is a big sale on dinner prep mixes. That should be fun. :-)

2 comments:

Alex cox said...

You can get best food deals, food discounts, food coupons and much more on many food items in very reasonable prices only on dealaboo.com

gutscheine zum ausdrucken said...

very good comment