Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fore!

It appears that sports-related romances are now in vogue. As I look through Twitter, I notice a number of authors I follow are working on various stories with a sports theme. Bull riding is quite popular, as are race car driving and hockey. I do not have any sports-themed stories myself, but have considered it. Golf, for one, could be a good sport background for a romance story - one of the first Harlequin romances I had featured a heroine who was a pro golfer. Why not another story?

It's been a while since I played myself, mainly because I am left handed and it's a challenge finding a good set of golf clubs. This is not to say it's impossible - I do have a nice set, and maybe when the weather gets warmer I'll head out to the driving range and get some hitting time. I prefer hitting with my golf drivers rather than the wedges, though. It's nice to see a good arc on the ball and know I have the potential to hit well. There are a few good courses around Virginia - it's just a matter of finding the time to get in some practice.

I may find, too, that the experience could give me the idea for a good romance. Perhaps a heroine, given a set of golf clubs, meets a handsome instructor for private lessons? It could happen, I suppose. ;-)

No comments: