Wednesday, January 25, 2012

30 Things About Me, Part One

I noticed the other day that #30ThingsAboutMe is trending on Twitter, and decided rather than clog up Twitter feeds with constant tagged updates, I would post my 30 things right here. Because I am feeling light on the brain right now, I'll post the 30 things in three installments - here is part one.

In no particular order:

1) Leigh Ellwood is obviously my pen name. The name is derived from the names of two musicians from Rush: Geddy Lee (Leigh) and Neil Ellwood Peart.

2) Before I published my first erotic romance in 2004, I published an inspirational novel in 2001. That book, written under my real name, went out of print but I released it as a self-pubbed title. It's actually selling better now than it did ten years ago.

3) I dropped out of grad school. To this day I consider it one of the three dumbest things I ever did.

4) I live within walking distance of the bay, but we go to the beach on average once a year.

5) I don't have any pets, but I think I'd like one somebody. This would require living in a house that I own.

6) I use my iPad mainly to read eBooks, and I use the Kindle app most often.

7) I am currently 25k into my latest work in progress.

8) I presently have one manuscript out to a publisher for consideration.

9) I've made a goal once again this year to lose weight. I know, I do it every year, but I've seen myself in the mirror too often this year and don't feel happy about how I look. I can sulk or I can change, so we'll try the latter and see what happens.

10) I am contemplating a life change that involves a bold career move. I would love to write full-time, and I feel I am close to seeing that happen.

I promise, Part Two will be more interesting.


No comments: