Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Guest Blog - Minnette Meador

Me Want Food welcomes guest blogger Minnette Meador! Please comment on today's post to be entered in her daily and overall blog tour drawings.

Today's blog prize is: a box of See's truffles! Mmmm.

Minnette will also be giving away a small Kindle ($79) plus a Portland Tote filled with goodies to one randomly drawn commenter for the entire blog tour. She will do the drawing herself for the daily winners. The Kindle and tote bag are limited to US and Canada only; if you're an international winner, an Amazon GC will be substituted.

PLEASE NOTE: Any reader who sends their name and address to Minnette will be sent a stack of signed swag. Just drop her a note at : mmeador at minnettemeador dot com.


Thanks for stopping to chat! Please tell us a bit about your latest release, or what's coming up.

Thanks so much for inviting me over today! What a fabulous blog…

The Belle Stalker is now available at Amazon on their Kindle, Barnes & Noble on their Nook, and all other eBook formats. Here’s a blurb:

THE BELLE STALKER
an urban fantasy thriller
by Minnette Meador

For a year, Belle Stark has struggled to conquer fears plaguing her since being attacked by a maniac who continues to roam free and the murder of her father. And she nearly succeeds, until she discovers her lover's murdered body spread over the furniture, making Belle a prime suspect. Certain her attacker is to blame, she seeks help from her ex-husband, homicide detective Mike Cranston, the one person she swore she would never let back into her life, or heart. In their hunt for answers, the two uncover more than a lunatic: a supernatural underworld hidden beneath the tall skyscrapers of the city and a secret that could kill them both. Faced with a terrible choice, Belle surrenders herself to the hands of a monster and Mike must solve an ancient mystery before it's too late to save her...

Of your backlist/WIPs, which would you say was the easiest to write? The most challenging? Why?

I think that in a lot of ways, The Gladiator Prince was the easiest to write. The story line was very solid for me from the beginning. The hardest one to write was The Edge of Honor. It was my very first sequel and I had to do a lot of research and planning for it. I loved the way it turned out, but there was a ton of time that went into this book.

Do you own an e-reader, or maybe two? How do you like it?

I own several computer e-readers, but I LOVE my Kindle. I got it for Christmas last year and I already have around 100 books on it. I still read paperbacks, but the Kindle makes it so easy to read plus I listen to music on it at the same time. I think that’s why I like to give these as prizes. I think everyone should have one.

What do you have planned writing wise for the rest of the year?

I have three books coming out next year; Haunted Hearts (book II in the Ghost series); The Egyptian Pirate (book IV in the Centurion series); and Phantom Hearts (book III in the Ghost Series. For blurbs visit: http://minnettemeador.blogspot.com/p/books-to-come.html - In addition, I’m working on a sci-fi, a ghost story, and another paranormal. I’m an addict… what can I say?

Do you have a blog/Yahoo group for readers to stay updated on your works?

My website is being redesigned as we speak, so I’ve been using my blog exclusively for update: http://minnettemeador.blogspot.com – There are lots of posts about books, guest authors, and even some surprises. Once this blog it over, I’m actually going to be doing a bit of an on-line autobiography. Never done that before, but it should be fun!

Desert Island quiz: you can only bring one album, one DVD set for your favorite TV show, and one movie. What are they?

CD: Mixed recording of Celtic Woman, Josh Groban, Imogene Heap, and Technoshark
DVD Set: Firefly
Movie: Constantine

What was the last book that you read? What did you think?

I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson. The first 100 pages go into a LOT of back-story, so it was a little hard to get into at first, but his writing is good enough that it keeps your interest, then BANG! The book takes off. It is a wonderful story in its own right, but Salander is an amazing character and very original. The combination of the two main characters is brilliant, though the end was not very satisfying… though I suspect it translates into the next book. All in all an excellent read and I can’t wait to see the movie. Hope they get it right...


Buy the Book

Audio Excerpt
Written Excerpt
Blog URL

RESPLENDENCE PUBLISHING (all eFormats except Kindle & Nook)

AMAZON DIRECT LINK

BARNES & NOBLE DIRECT (Nook)

All Romance eBooks









25 comments:

marybelle said...

So many series going on. The upside is I can look forward to lots of great reading. Downside for you, lots of work to do.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Karen H in NC said...

Now, see...this is where you are stronger than me. RE: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...I haven't read this book (and probably won't) but if I read a book where the first 100 pages or so where hard to get into, I probably wouldn't stick with it to get past that stuff...hangs head in shame for having no sticktoittiveness! Is that even a word? I need more coffee......

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thank you for hosting Minnette today.

Jean P said...

Haven't read Girl With the Dragon Tattoo yet because I have heard that it takes awhile to get into it, I have to be in the right frame of mind to take on books like that. Always enjoy your interviews!

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Minnette Meador said...

It's okay, Marybelle, I like to write series now. I didn't used to, but it's kind of fun to explore more deeply into a subject.

Coffee is good... coffee is great... LOL It's not that it's boring or anything, Karen, it's actually interesting, but it's just different. It's hard to explain. The books actually really good and I'm looking forward to reading the other two.

Thanks, Jean...

Minnette Meador said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa Tio Miller said...

I haven't read the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yet either...and I am completely impressed that you (Minnette) are able to write that many series. Thank you Leigh and Minnette for offering this to us, and Leigh this is an awesome blog!

tigerblossoms at hotmail dot com

Minnette Meador said...

Thanks so much, Teresa! Sometimes I feel like I'm juggling flaming cats, but it's worth it.

Leigh Ellwood said...

Thank you, Teresa! Hope everybody is having a good time today.

Pamela Mason said...

You are one busy lady! I want to know when you write, because you are so prolific & busy with promo & you're also friendly & responsive to your friends on networks!
So... when you're not busy (!), please share your writing process.
Or I bet you can send me a link to a past post ! :)

Yami Neko said...

Hi Minnette~! Oo your giving away food now.. yum.. anways here's a Q for you..
Whats so hard about writing a series Minnette? And did you have an idea that it should be a series when you first started some of your books?

shadow_kohler said...

Hi Minnette! Long time no see. Sorry, been busy. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! ;)

Sheila Deeth said...

Firefly. Constantine. I might visit your desert island, but we'll need some power for our kindles--got mine last Christmas too.

booklover0226 said...

The interview was great; I enjoyed reading it.

I have The Belle Stalker on my must have list; I can't wait to read it.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Laura said...

Juggling flaming cats? LOL!

lauraalbert@hotmail.colm

Kathryn Merkel said...

I've been hearing lots of good things about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. The fact that so many of the positive reviews are from authors, really helps sell me on the idea of the book, even if the first 100 pages is heavy on the back-story. I rarely give up on a book, no matter how bad it is.

Had to laugh at Karen H & her lack of sticktoitiveness, which it turns out is a real word, if you drop the third t. lol

drainbamaged.gyzmo at gmail.com

Catherine Lee said...

Minnette...I LOVE Firefly. It runs occasionally on SciHD. That's the reason I follow Nathan Fillion on Twitter...because of Firefly, not Castle (although I like Castle, too).

Catherine
@capefearlibn
catherinelee100[at]gmail[.]com

Minnette Meador said...

Sorry I'm late... I left messages at noon, but I think my computer at work ate them! Grrrr....

I am busy,, Pam, but I like being active. I write when I can, but when I'm in the middle of a tour like this, I don't find a lot of time to actually sit down, so I make mental and physical notes, and use this time the think things through. As soon as this tour is over, I'll be in seclusion for a while... probably a long while... but I'll pop up about every week... I hope. I have to write in the evenings and weekend since I have a full time job. Here's a link from the article I wrote about my process... hope it helps: http://www.asiancocoasblog.com/2011/12/guest-post-giveaway-belle-stalker-by.html

Hi, Yami! Chocolate is not food, it is love, life,and the pursuit of happiness, especially if it's See's Candies. For me it hard because you have to keep everything fresh; you don't want to repeat yourself, so you have to come up with new twists, turns, and actions. That's hard to do consistently unless you're writing a continuous story (think Harry Potter). At least for me. I usually know that I'm writing a series when I start it... at least so far...

Hugs, Shadow! I'm so glad you were able to break away and come over for the tour. We miss you! :o)

We'd have to have supercharged Kindles and a line in for the internet, but otherwise we'd be set, Sheila! God, can you imagine watching the same movie over and over again. Yikes! Oh, that's right... most of you have had small children. You know exactly what that's like! LOL

Thanks, Tracey...:o)

Story of my life, Laura... I'll write it down one day...

I love that word, Kathryn! GDT really is an amazing book and the first 100 are not boring by any stretch of the imagination. It's just a lot of scene setting is all. Most of it is pertinent to the book and it's very interesting reading about Lizbeth from the git go. She is one of the most amazing character I have read in a long time... kind of like a modern day Dickens character that you'll never forget.

My DH and I are avid Serenity/Firefly fans. We have all the DVDs, the movie, and even campaigned to help bring it back... that is until Josh Whedon put the kabash on it a few months ago. We love everything he's done and LOVE the entire case of FF. ~sigh~ I wish they would bring it back. Best thing ANY of them have done, including Mr. Whedon. Oh, well..... :o)

Bama said...

nom nom chocolate!:D

tammy ramey said...

Hi Minnette,
i think i finally have the net back,fingers crossed anyways. please don't enter me in the contest for the chocolate as i am a diabetic and can't have it, but i would like another entry for the big prize. :)

i haven't read TGWDT yet either but it is on my TBR list so i hope to get to it soon.
i hope you had a good day and enjoy the rest of your night.

trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

Eliwrites said...

Thanks for hosting Minnette, Leigh!

Minnette, as usual, your answers are always interesting. I have to agree with you that some books, the ideas seem to lep straight into your head with a lot less research. Others, you have to put in hours upon hours of research. I have been working on two different stories and they are on opposite ends like this. Doesn't mean I love them less, though. I am sure the same is true for you. Sometimes I find the research takes me in an all new direction, and it's a good thing!

I am also a huge Firefly fan!

Hope you are doing well and looking forward to the holidays in the midst of being so busy!

Minnette Meador said...

I'm so glad you got it fixed, Tammy! You must be so relieved. Got you in there for the big prizes... and BTW I'm always happy to substitute... I've got the big DB myself so I talk a big game... If you win, I'll send you some fresh fruit from Harry & Davids... yum, yum! I think you would like that book... word of warning, however, it's a bit uncomfortable towards the end. :o)

Hi, Eli! I guess that's just the life of a writer, isn't it... it's ether feast or famine. Your muse is either screaming into your ear and you just can't type fast enough, or she's off on a binge slutting around downtown. At least mine is... :o)

Renald said...

Like this contest.

Minnette Meador said...

Thanks, Renald!

Well, it's that time again. It was so wonderful talking to everyone today. I want to especially thank Leigh for sharing her wonderful blog with us... make sure to follow it if you can; she has some great stuff here!

I'll announce the winner in the AM for the prize in the morning. Make sure to come over to my next stop over at http://eroticaforall.co.uk/guest-blogs/guest-blog-minnette-meador/ where I'm talking about the lure of danger! See you there! Minnette :o)

Minnette Meador said...

And yesterday's winner of the See's Candy is....

Eli!!!! Congrats, girl! Drop a note over at mmeador@minnettemeador.com with your mailing address and I'll have those shipped right over to you! Congrats again, girl!

Thanks again to everyone who came over yesterday and especially our hosts. You guys are all angels! :o)