Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My NaNo Music List - Week 2


I listen to music when I write. I know many authors can't deal with the distraction, but if I don't have my earbuds in I get distracted by a thousand other things. Between a chatty husband and daughter seeking more and more of my time, it's the only way I can get into the zone.

Some of you may assume I merely crank up the Rush while writing, and I do sometimes. Lately, though, I've broadened the playlist. Here are just some of the songs I have rotating on the iTunes:

Leave It - Yes
It Can Happen - Yes
Changes - Yes
Love -> Building on Fire - Talking Heads
Take Me to the River - Talking Heads
Memories Can't Wait - Talking Heads
I Zimbra - Talking Heads
Swamp - Talking Heads
Life During Wartime - Talking Heads
Do You Feel Like We Do - Peter Frampton
Don't Eat the Yellow Snow - Frank Zappa
Nanook Rubs It - Frank Zappa
St. Alphonso's Pancake Breakfast - Frank Zappa
Apostrophe - Frank Zappa

Next week, more jazz hands.

No comments: