Monday, September 26, 2011

Book News Aplenty

It's been an interesting week here at Casa Ellwood. After the release of Sheer Bliss this summer, I worried that I'd have trouble getting back into the swing of writing. I'll admit, I'm not the type to immediately bounce back after finishing a project. One can compare writing and publishing to giving birth in this respect - I need time to recuperate and plan the next attack. This summer, after Bliss bowed, I unearthed a project I had shelved and, in the spirit of adhering to "No Sexy Story Left Behind," started chipping away. I had no immediate plans for the story, other than to finish it. About halfway through, I received an e-mail from Lori James of All Romance eBooks asking if I would be interested in participating in their second annual Perfect Strangers series.

Last year, ARe published 13 stories for a Valentine's Day promotion, with each romance featuring a couple who meet and instantaneously hit it off/get in on...whatever your pleasure. :-) Just my luck, my story happened to fall within their guidelines, so I finished it and offered it to ARe for their 2012 catalog.

I am therefore happy to announce that in February, 2012, my M/M short Odd will be included among the new stories in Perfect Strangers. This will be the second story I've done exclusively for ARe, the first being GPS, which was part of their 28 Days of Heart campaign. I understand, too, there will be more stories this time around, so that's great news for readers as well.

Here's a bit of blurb to get you ready for the release:

Greg Hargrove has a ticket to the hottest party in town: Drew Bradley's annual Odd Ball. Dressed for the theme as one half of a popular sitcom duo, Greg doesn't expect to meet his match and engage in a secret night of passion while the festivities rage on. When handsome Rick Wade falls on his radar, however, Greg decides to partake of more explicit party favors. Is Rick more than a one-night stand, though, or can Greg look forward to many passion-filled reruns?

If you're old school like me, you know the TV show referenced here. If not, I'll have more clues soon.

Second item: I have an October release with Phaze Books. It is actually a re-release of the Midnight Passions novella I did for the Phaze Fantasies series. If you did not pick up a copy of the now defunct Fantasies Vol. 1 this is your chance to get my MFM paranormal menage. Cover and details coming soon on that.

Lastly, I will have some more re-release news soon, but I am waiting on official word before I make the blog post. In the meantime, I'm working on another Dareville work, taking the town in a slightly different direction. More news later!