Wednesday, June 22, 2011

There's an App For This?

I wrote Dead Barchetta primarily on my iPod Touch. I sh*t you not. I would be sitting in my car on an early Friday evening while little one was with her Scout meeting, and I'd be plucking away on this tiny-ass keyboard screen. Every free moment I found, I opened the Notes application to work more on the book. Now that I have upgraded to a tablet, I will likely use that for the sequel. In the meantime, though, I have two partial trunk novels written in longhand that I want to transcribe, and I fear if I spend time typing both (like I did for Pithed and Little Flowers - both of which I wrote longhand in the first draft) I shall go mad.

So I am experimenting this week with an app for Dragon Dictation. There is a software suite available for the computer, but I have enough loaded on mine that it runs slow as it is. The goal is to use voice recognition programs and hopefully get two trunk novels to see the light of day before the end of the year. One mystery, one general fiction. We'll see.

No comments: