Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wine Wednesday: Noche

We have so many bottles of sweet and dessert wine in our stash, and truthfully I don't know that happened. Actually, I do - you go to enough of these wine festivals and winery tastings, and buy the end of the day everything is dee-licious. Doesn't matter if you hate sweet wine, you're drinking it and you're taking home a case.

So it's come to pass that we have a lot of fruit wines to quaff on the porch this summer. I may end up cutting some citrus into some of it for sangria later, but let me assure you I am not completely anti-sweet. If I had to pick a favorite, it would definitely be Noche from Cooper Vineyards, their famous chocolate wine.

Bear in mind, this isn't like that Chocovine stuff you've seen at Kroger. These are Norton grapes (a popular varietal in the Commonwealth) infused with chocolate. When chilled and served after dinner, it makes for a nice nightcap.


I've heard some people like to pour it over ice cream and sponge cake. I've not tried it myself, but I'm sure the results are yummy. So if you're into the sweet stuff, and traveling through Virginia, consider a stop at Cooper. It's a bit out of the way, but worth the drive.

No comments: