Monday, May 23, 2011

Meet Me at Balticon!

For the third (I think) consecutive year, I will attend Balticon as a guest and speaker. Balticon is one of the largest SFF conventions in the Mid-Atlantic, and one of my favorite events. You'll find a number of engaging panels and demonstrations, movies, gaming, and a nice dealer's room. You can come in costume and people don't even blink - you have to love conventions like that!

Balticon is held from May 27 through May 30 at Marriott's Hunt Valley Inn in Baltimore. This year, I am tentatively scheduled for four events:

  • Editing and Publishing Erotica Anthologies - Panel with Alessia Brio and Nobilis Reed. I will talk about my experiences with putting together Silver Wings. (Saturday, 9PM)
  • Erotica a la Carte: Iron Chef - This will be fun: I'll compete with fellow erotica writers in an Iron Chef like competition. 500 words in 30 minutes; I guess I'll know the topic when it happens. Only problem: I'm up against some terrific writers like Nobilis and Alessia, and Helen Madden, who is really good at this sort of thing. (Saturday, 10PM)
  • Exquisite Corpse: Late Night Style - Another writing game for the late night crowd. Will have to ask Nobilis about this one, too. (Friday, 11PM)
  • Autographing: I'll be signing books at 6PM on Saturday in the designated signing area for about an hour.
So that's where you'll find me, late at night in Baltimore. See you there!

No comments: