Friday, May 13, 2011

Guest Blog - Nona Wesley


Normally I save the guest blogs for Sundays, but as DLP author Nona Wesley has a release, and the coming Sunday is booked, I wanted to give her the opportunity to promote it. Please welcome Nona!

Want to guest blog. Here's the scoop!

Thanks for stopping to chat! Please tell us a bit about your latest release, or what's coming up.

Thanks for having me! My latest, A Little Less Conversation, was recently released in eBook format! You can get it at All Romance for $.99. Here's the blurb:

When her company hosts a Hollywood-themed party, Viola Howard dresses as her favorite actress. Problem is, nobody seems to know who that is. Just as she's about to give up on a good time, along comes Elvis -- actually Vi's secret crush Jim Byers - who guesses correctly, and shows her exactly who is King.

Once the party's over, however, can Vi and Jim go back to a working relationship, or will Jim as Vi to love him tender?

How did you become inspired to write this work?

This was a work in progress that started out as something slightly different. I had originally titled it The King and Vi, but a friend pointed out readers might think it would be about an actual king, so I used the title of a favorite Elvis song instead. I love parties, and after reading about all these costume parties people enjoy at RT and other cons, I got the idea to do a romantic interlude at one.

Do you consider yourself a plotter or a pantser? Or maybe both?

Definitely a panster! I get the idea and I fly with it. Although, I am training myself to plot. My goal this year is to write a longer work, novel-length. I have actually plotted out my first such story.

Are you published primarily in print or eBook, or both equally? Which format do you prefer and why?

I am exclusively eBook right now, because my works are too short to be sustained in print by themselves. I don't think I'd be bothered if I never went to print, because it looks like eBooks are the future. However, if there is a demand I will see about putting my shorts into a collection.

Do you own an e-reader, or maybe two? How do you like it?

I have the Nook, not the color one. I do enjoy it, but it's way too easy to buy books with it! I am squirreling away money for an upgrade, either Nook color or the iPad.

Do you have any social media profiles/pages where readers can follow you?

Honestly, I have tried the Twitter but can't seem to get into it. I did set up a Facebook page for my works at http://www.facebook.com/interracialromanceauthor. You are welcome to like me there!

What was the last book that you read? What did you think?

I picked up True Mates by Zena Wynn as part of the All Romance Series Showcase and loved it. I've actually read the books in that series out of order. I do that sometimes. :)

Do you have a favorite charity? How does it appeal to you?

Right now, I've been trying to support the American Red Cross. Between the tragedies in Haiti and Japan, and now Alabama, they need all the help they can get.

Thanks for having me! Please visit me online at http://www.nonawesleyromance.com.

No comments: