Sunday, May 22, 2011

Guest Blog: Erotica Author Lucy Felthouse

Me Want Food welcomes Lucy Felthouse to the blog! If you are interested in being a guest blogger, check out the links to your left or email kspatwriter (at) y a h o o (dot) com.


Thanks for stopping to chat! Please tell us a bit about your latest release, or what's coming up.

Thank you for having me! May's actually a busy month for releases for me, with my first Noble Romance publication, A Bit of Rough out on the 9th, my first Cleis Press appearance in Dream Lover and a story in Xcite Books' Best of Both.

How did you become inspired to write this work?

I'll discuss A Bit of Rough here, as it's the longest piece of the three I just mentioned. The story had been rattling around in my head a while. It's a very sexual piece with no romantic elements involved and it deals with a woman who's inexplicably drawn to a guy, despite knowing he's a total womanizing bad boy. My inspiration came from conversations I've followed and taken part in about how some women adore bad boys. I wanted to see if I could create a character that would appeal to these women and make readers love to hate him. I guess only time will tell if I succeeded!

Did you have to do a lot of research to complete this work?

No, not at all. The character of Andrew (or Drew) is an amalgamation of several real people with plenty of creative licence thrown in.

What is a day in your writing life like? Do you have a set schedule?

Not really, a day in my life is generally pretty hectic. I don't write full time; I split my time between my business, which is doing web design, PR & Marketing for writers (more information is available at http://www.writermarketing.co.uk) and writing. So I'm always doing something different. I could be creating a website, organising a blog tour or copywriting. Equally, I could be knee deep in some erotic fiction. There's lots of variety and I love it!

Are you published primarily in print or eBook, or both equally? Which format do you prefer and why?

I think it's about equal, though if you include the physical books which are also available as eBooks, then there are more eBooks. To be honest, I like both. It's always nice to hold a physical book containing your work, but eBooks are more flexible and can often make more money for an author. But to be honest, it's always an honour and excitement to be published, no matter what the medium!

Do you own an e-reader, or maybe two? How do you like it?

I have a Kindle. I pre-ordered one before they were even released in the UK and waited with baited breath for it to arrive. I love it! I haven't stopped buying paperbacks, but I've definitely cut down, and of course it means that eBook only titles are now available to me. I wouldn't be without it now. I just love the fact I can take hundreds of books away with me in a space that's smaller than the thinnest paperback.

What do you have planned writing wise for the rest of the year?

Wow – lots! I have quite a few new releases coming up, more stories which are still out for consideration and I'm still writing! I'm also currently in the middle of putting together my second anthology, an as yet untitled erotic mythology anthology. My first anthology, Uniform Behaviour, was such fun and has received such great reviews that I couldn't wait to do it all again!

Do you have any social media profiles/pages where readers can follow you?

Yes, I'm quite the Twitter fiend. You can follow me at http://www.twitter.com/cw1985. I don't autofollow but I do check out new followers! I ramble endlessly about reading, writing, my adventures in the outdoors, TV shows (mainly Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries and True Blood), hot guys and so on...

I also have a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/lucyfelthouseauthor and my Goodreads profile can be found at http://www.goodreads.com/cw1985.

Do you have a blog/Yahoo group for readers to stay updated on your works?

My blog is part of my website and can be found at http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk. My website and the social links I just mentioned are the best way to keep up with me and my new releases.

Desert Island quiz: you can only bring one album, one DVD set for your favorite TV show, and one movie. What are they?

OK, this is a cool question.
Album: Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack
One DVD set: Supernatural
One movie: Bridget Jones' Diary
Thanks again for having me!

*****

During Lucy’s first year studying Creative Writing at the University of Derby, she was dared to write an erotic story. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance and Xcite Books. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments: