Sunday, April 24, 2011

Guest Blog - Robert Capko

Me Want Food welcomes Robert Capko to Guest Blog Sunday! If you are interested in writing a guest blog here, please do. See our guest blog information page.

1) Thanks for stopping to chat! Please tell us a bit about your latest release, or what's coming up.

My first novel SAY GOODBYE was just published. It is an Action/Adventure Thriller about an Air Force pararescueman named John Paxton. Pararescue Jumpers (PJs) are the Special Forces operators that go pretty much anywhere in the world to rescue people. Their primary mission is to rescue downed airmen behind enemy lines, but they do much more than that. They are also on standby for all the manned space missions ready to rescue the astronauts should something go wrong. They are also involved in civilian rescues both on land and at sea in the most extreme circumstances.

Here is a little bit about the book:

John Paxton is a man who understands duty—both to his family and to his country. As a highly decorated pararescueman in the Air Force, he's risked his own life numerous times to save the lives of others. He was the epitome of the pararescue motto: These Things We Do That Others May Live. But now that he's married with two small children, he's content as an instructor at Lackland Air Force Base.

Then Paxton is commanded to lead a team on a dangerous mission—supposedly to rescue the pilot of a stealth fighter shot down over Serbia. Yet, nothing is as it seems. As the mission goes from bad to worse, Paxton uncovers a deadly plot that threatens National Security. But to fight an enemy with ties to one of the most dangerous organizations on the planet, he risks not only his own life, but also the people he loves the most.

2) How did you become inspired to write this work?

I first learned about the PJs when I served in the Air Force. The more I learned about these heroes, the more I was convinced that their story needed to be told.

3) Did you have to do a lot of research to complete this work?

I did a tremendous amount of research spanning years. My research continues in support of future installments in the series.

4) Do you prefer to write one specific genre, or are you a bit all over the map? What is your favorite genre to write and why?

I enjoy writing in the action/adventure genre the most. I grew up reading mostly books in that genre and I believe some of the most exciting, action-packed stories can be found there.

5) Are you published primarily in print or eBook, or both equally? Which format do you prefer and why?

I am published in both print and eBook. I am glad that it is available in both formats so the reader may choose how they prefer to enjoy my books.

6) Do you own an e-reader, or maybe two? How do you like it?

Actually, I do not. I love technology, but I still love the feel of a book in my hands. I love the feeling of moving through the pages and the excitement that builds as I get closer to the end wondering how the story is going to resolve itself.

Having said that, I probably am going to invest in an e-reader soon. There are just too many great new authors available only in eBook format.

7) What do you have planned writing wise for the rest of the year?

I’m putting the finishing touches on THE LONG ROAD HOME, the next book in the John Paxton series. We are hoping for a release in time for the Holidays.

8) Do you have any social media profiles/pages where readers can follow you?

My web page is: http://www.robertcapko.com

Folks can join my fan page at: http://www.facebook.com/robertjcapkofanpage

Or you can follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/robertcapko

9) Desert Island quiz: you can only bring one album, one DVD set for your favorite TV show, and one movie. What are they?

For the album, I’d choose Spirit of Radio, Rush’s Greatest Hits.

For the DVD set of my favorite TV show I’d choose 24 (any season)

And for the movie, I’d probably choose The Departed.

You would hopefully allow me to bring some multimedia device to enjoy these on.

10) What was the last book that you read? What did you think?

I read Jak Phoenix by Matt D. Williams. It was a fun read with lots of adventure!

11) Who are your favorite authors in your primary genre?

There are so many great ones, it is hard to choose. I definitely enjoy Tom Clancy, Lee Child, Vince Flynn, Alistair MacLean, and John D. MacDonald.

12) What is the farthest you've traveled for a concert and who did you see?

I traveled to New Orleans to see James Taylor at Jazz Fest. What a great show!

13) Will we see you at any cons/signings soon?

There are a few in the works. Stay tuned!

14) Who do you like in the next World Series?

The Chicago Cubs, of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I very much enjoyed reading this first of hopefully many "pax" adventures. Please keep em coming Robert!