Monday, February 7, 2011

Unlacing in eBook

So with my trusty (somewhat) Kobo reader, I go from contemporary werewolves to another Wolf in an historical romance. Next up is Unlacing the Innocent Miss, and I have to tell you it's been a while since I've read historical romance that I wasn't reading as a submission or editing for another author. My aunts used to buy grocery sacks of Regencies and Highlander romances when I was younger and trade between them - I'd go through what they weren't reading at the time.

Anyway, here's the blurb:

Hardened thief-taker "Wolf" Wolversley has clawed his way out of the gutter to get where he is. No stranger to society's underbelly, he's met Rosalind Meadowfield's seemingly sweet type before.

Accused of a crime she didn't commit, fearful Rosalind begs Wolf not to turn her in. But Rosalind's fear soon turns to desire as the bitterness in Wolf's eyes turns to passion.... His touch is gentle for so fierce a man. Rosalind should be mortified by her wantonness. Instead, it's as if something else has taken over her body....

I question the trustiness of the Kobo reader now, because twice I have experienced something unusual. While reading Up on the Housetop, I would turn off the reader, then turn on again later to read and discover the thing left me off several pages behind. I'd have to click and click and click to get to the last page read. Pain in the ass. If it happens again with this book I'll know something is wrong.

No comments: