Sunday, February 13, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - Oh, the Tension

For this week's Six Sentence Sunday, I'm submitting one more selection from Golden. Yes, I've decided to run with that title for a while and see if it grows on me. I still haven't seen all the nominated films myself, but I plan to remedy that as they are released on Netflix.

If you want to join in on the fun, check out the link above to see how you can get involved in the SSS.

~*~


"You are such a stitch," he teased in a low whisper, yet inside he couldn't share Regina's excitement. When Diamond  had first released, critics predicted endless nominations and hardware for his fireplace mantle. Parker saw the movie as one more line for his filmography, yet as the awards began to pile up he wondered if he genuinely had a shot at the granddaddy of them all. He found that out in January at five in the morning, watching the nomination announcements on his flatscreen while wrapped in a blanket.

Would he actually win the little golden guy? He'd know in one minute, fifteen seconds. Fourteen, thirteen...

~*~

Don't you just want to throw up? I swear, I watch awards show with such passion. I throw things. I fall off the couch when an underdog is called on stage. I do spit takes. For me, the Oscars are a contact sport.

18 comments:

Jayel Kaye said...

I like the snippet and I very much like the title, "Golden" I think you should run with that.

Marie Dees said...

Nice scene. It really pulls in the details.

Lisa Fox said...

Ooo, I love the countdown!

Chrystalla said...

Interesting! I also like watching the awards... Will he win???

Lex Valentine said...

OMG! The suspense is killing me!

Lauri J Owen said...

I really like it!

Lisa A. Vance said...

Nice! the title is perfect!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Well, I'm rooting for him!

Sandra Sookoo said...

Will he or won't he? Nice snippet!

Jessica Subject said...

Very tense! Wonder if he'll get nominated. :)

D L Jackson said...

I love the tension in this six.

D L Jackson said...

I love the tension in these six.
Thanks for sharing

Casi said...

He's all nervous. It's so sweet.

Emily Cale said...

So much riding on this one little moment in his life. Something a lot of people can relate to.

ada-hoffmann said...

Oo - I like that he's counting down the seconds. That's a good way of making tension!

Eleri Stone said...

This kinda stresses me out. So does he win?

Dee Carney said...

Don't leave us hanging!! What happens?!

Christine London said...

Yeah...found you Leigh..and SSS. Love the awards. I've used them in a novel (as you well know.)

Great title. Nice scene that makes me hungry for more.

Will we see you at SSS this Sunday? More Golden, perhaps??