Sunday, January 30, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - Help Me Think of a Title

This Sunday I thought I'd share a trunk story. This is supposed to be an M/M erotic contemporary. Complete pantser, this one, though I do have an idea of where it's going. Perhaps you will, too, when you read this:

~*~

Parker Stigwood uncrossed his legs, but quickly rethought that move when his right foot bounced maniacally in plain view of a roaming cameraman. The world didn't need to see his nerves get the best of him, tonight of all nights. For nearly three hours he'd remained glued to his front row seat, watching an endless parade of empty platitudes, old tuxedos, and new breasts. In exactly two minutes film legend Walt Stephenson - six-time nominee and last year's winner - would stroll onstage to announce Parker's category.

Parker desperately wanted to slip away, and let a hovering teenager in a rented suit warm his seat while he dashed into a men's room to vomit. Before he could think of rising, a low vibration hummed at his hip. Christ.

~*~

No title as of yet. Was toying with Golden, since little gold men are involved. We'll see. This seemed like an appropriate snip to share since we're hip deep in film awards season. I don't get to movies like I used to, but I have seen two top films, The Social Network and True Grit, and three animated ones - Tangled, Toy Story 3, and Despicable Me. Even so, given how the awards have been going I have a feeling I can correctly predict many of the Oscars this year.

My picks: The Social Network for Best Film, Director, and Adapted Screenplay; Colin Firth for Actor, Annette Bening for Actress (she's due); Christopher Bale for Supporting Actor; Hailee Steinfeld for Support Actress.

We'll see if it's worth betting money, heh.

16 comments:

Jayel Kaye said...

Good six (and very timely)

Sarah Grimm said...

Great six, Leigh. His show of nerves is very well done.

Rebecca Royce said...

Great Six. I really enjoyed them!

Taryn Kincaid said...

I think Golden is actually a great title for this piece. Liked it a lot.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Great six! Loved the "old tuxedos, new breasts" Good job :-)

Jessica Subject said...

You show his nervousness very well. Great job!

Marsha A. Moore said...

Great description of his body language! Nice snippet.

Lisa Fox said...

Golden sounds like an excellent title for this!

Eleri Stone said...

I like Golden for a title too. Great description.

D. F. Krieger said...

I'd be sick too if I were there. Good show of body language!

Lex Valentine said...

I could feel his nerves fraying! Good job!

Marie Dees said...

Love "old tuxedos and new breasts" Absolutely love that.

Dee Carney said...

Eep! He's got a bad case of the nerves! Poor guy...

Arlene said...

Love the perfect show of nerves. And yes, I also think Golden would make a fantastic title.

Arlene said...

Love the show of nerves. Very well done. I also agree that Golden would be a fantastic title.

Hailey Edwards said...

His nerves really shine through.