Sunday, January 16, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - Dare's Destiny

I have been checking out these Six Sentence Sunday blog posts for a while, and decided I'd like to give it a try. As I understand it, you post six sentences from a WIP or forthcoming work to share.

Right now my next big project is Dare's Destiny, the fifth Dareville novel:

The room fell silent as the three enjoyed the Merlot. Though DesiLynn wanted to study her guests’ reactions - she’d made it a hobby over the years, and when Dan lived they often speculated what flavors drinkers detected on the finish - she closed her eyes. The bold explosion of dark fruit with a hint of tobacco sent her senses reeling. In her mind’s eye she watched the progress of Dare’s Destiny flicker like grainy film footage. From the first shovelful of dirt on the ancestral Dare family land tossed aside for planting to that moment of truth when they cracked open the first barrel for tasting, the memories served to amplify the warmth of the Merlot flowing through her. As a descendent of the original Dare line, DesiLynn inherited this portion land, which her husband had tested for growing potential.

My goal is to get this one completed in the next few months. You can check out all the available Dareville stories at DaringRomance.com.

16 comments:

Lyncee said...

Welcome to Six Sunday. Great imaginary. You have it all!

Lyncee

MarieDees said...

Great description. That's some wine!

Lisa Fox said...

That sounds like some incredible wine!

Sarah Grimm said...

Very interesting! Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday.

Leigh said...

Thanks. Virginia has great wine country. I had to incorporate it into a story.

Leigh

Dee Carney said...

Wow. Nice imagery! And welcome to Six Sunday!

Jayel Kaye said...

Beautiful description of the wine. And welcome to "6"

Lex Valentine said...

Welcome to SSS! I'm not a wine drinker but you make it sound so good!

Jessica Subject said...

Nice for her to enjoy wine made from her own lands.

the1940mysterywriter said...

are bottles for sale . . . ?

Leigh Ellwood said...

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

In this particular story, the winery will be active, so they'll be selling the wine! Where I am, there is a private label winery, and I'd thought of having a bottle label done when the book is out - a neat promo.

Taryn Kincaid said...

Welcome to Six Sentence Sunday.

I'll take a glass!

Kathleen Grieve said...

Great description here! I can almost taste it!

Hailey Edwards said...

Welcome to Six Sunday!

Intriguing excerpt. :)

Jo-Anne Kenrick said...

Hi, fellow Six Sunday first-timer! For some reason, I have a craving for wine now. Hmm, wonder why?

Emily Cale said...

Welcome to Six Sunday. Great post. I love wine and your post leaves me longing for a glass.