Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Knitting Onward and Longward

After about two feet, I bound off the pink scarf. It's a good size for little one, not so much me:


She started wearing it the second I cut the yarn, so I suppose now it's my turn for something warm. It's my hope by the time I'm done I won't need a scarf because the sun will have come out. All the same, the stitching will warm up my fingers in this cold, cold house.

Rather than do a simple stockingette stitch, I'm going to experiment with something more complicated. Maybe a mistake rib pattern to give the scarf some texture. Once hubby is back at work and we have a bit more money to blow, I hope to find a good class where I can learn more advanced stuff. I know that will require buying more needles, maybe a crochet needle as well. Come to think of it, maybe I should next knit the bag that's going to hold all of this.

No comments: