Sunday, January 23, 2011

Guest Blog: Nona Wesley

Welcome, Nona Wesley, to Me Want Food! If you would like to guest blog, please email kspatwriter (at) yahoo (dot) com for details.

Thanks for stopping to chat! Please tell us a bit about your latest release, or what's coming up.

I must hang my head in shame here, because it's been a while since I've done something new. I do apologize, I've come down with the worst case of writer's block ever. On top of that, I lost a partial to a sequel I've been writing, so it's back to the drawing board there! Right now, though, I hope to finish a short I/R piece called The King and Vi, about a case of mistaken identity that leads to something very hot!

Do you consider yourself a plotter or a pantser? Or maybe both?

I'll say six of one... I do have an idea going into a story about where it will go, but I don't actually sit down and plot out everything. I probably should, it may help with the blockage.

Do you prefer to write one specific genre, or are you a bit all over the map? What is your favorite genre to write and why?

I am pretty much interracial erotic romance all the way. It's what I know and what I read, and I love it. In the future I may try to creep into sub-genres, like science fiction, but I'm happy where I am.

Do you own an e-reader, or maybe two? How do you like it?

Well, I do have the Kindle reader on my laptop, and I enjoy reading that way. I am saving up for a Nook color, unless somebody wants to buy me one. :)

What do you have planned writing wise for the rest of the year?

I really want to finish a novel. I have one mapped out, just need to sit my butt down and do it. It is a shapeshifter story, so I hope they don't go out of style before I finish!

Desert Island quiz: you can only bring one album, one DVD set for your favorite TV show, and one movie. What are they?
Ugh, I hate these, but I preferred this question to some others. :) Okay, for the album I'd take along a greatest hits compilation by Aretha Franklin, because her music always gets me dancing, slow or fast. The movie would have to be something exciting to keep my interest, like Top Gun (cute pilots). For the TV show, I don't watch much, but I've always wanted to catch The Sopranos so maybe that one.

What was the last book that you read? What did you think?

I picked up Bridget Midway's Love My Way during an All Romance special and finished it recently. Very hot stuff! I've always wanted to try my hand at writing BDSM, and Bridget seems to know what's what there. Imaginative story and great characters.

Who are your favorite authors in your primary genre? 

I mentioned Bridget, but there's also Marilyn Lee and of course Sandra Kitt, who started it all for me.

Nona Wesley
http://www.nonawesleyromance.com

No comments: