Friday, September 4, 2009

Newsletter Manager needed for Phaze Books

Twice now I have started up a monthly newsletter for Phaze Books, only to have the project fall to the wayside. As we continue to grow I would like to have a monthly, or 6-issue a year, HTML newsletter to share with our mail subscribers, Twitter followers, etc. Given my present workload, I've accepted this isn't something I can do on my own. Others on our staff have enough on their plates to take on such a project, too, so it appears we are going to outsource this.

So I'm putting the word out: we would like to take on a freelancer to handle the creation of a monthly newsletter. Basically we are looking for somebody to provide some content (interviews with Phaze authors, maybe a short thematic piece, recipes, etc.). We will provide content on sales and forthcoming releases. We aren't looking for anything too elaborate, but a nice newsletter presented broadsheet style in HTML once a month or every two months.

The ideal candidate will be somebody familiar with our house who enjoys all genres of erotic romance (i.e. somebody who won't favor a particular genre over others because he/she likes it best). This will be a paid position - details will be provided on request.

So if you know somebody interested in doing this for us, please have them contact me at klively (at) phaze (dot) com with examples of work. I'll also take recommendations for promotion companies, too. I know a lot of authors use them.

Thanks!

1 comment:

WritingMajor said...

I hope you don't mind an off-topic comment, but I'd just like to ask if you would be interested in joining an advice community for writers on Livejournal. It would basically be a community for unpublished writers to ask questions about the industry, so that published writers like you could answer some hot topics. It's a blogging site, so it has a format similar to this one, but with more social networking abilities.

You wouldn't have to write constantly in it, but just when you feel that you have a bit of advice for aspiring writers that you'd like to share.

If you're interested in joining, please contact me on Livejournal. The link to my profile is ohshityo.livejournal.com/profile (yes, I know my username is just lovely). Send me a private message if you're interested.