Monday, August 24, 2009

The month in chocolate

It was pointed out to me this weekend that I haven't blogged much about chocolate in the last few weeks. Granted, I certainly have been eating it, so don't think I've taken a sabbatical. Indeed, that extra boost of antioxidants and endorphins is basically what keeps me from taking a hostage most days. Lately, though, I've spent time whittling down what I have before buying more, yet I did make a few recent impulse buys:

Qbel Wafer Bars: I picked up a pack of the Dark Chocolate wafer bars with crisp rice. Imagine those Little Debbie wafer twins you used to get, with a dark coating and no peanut butter, just more dark chocolate. Very nice, a crunchy treat that isn't very big - you get two small sticks per pack. One for now and one for later.

Toffee Crisp: This is a UK Nestle product, described as puffy rice and soft toffee covered in milk chocolate. I haven't tried it yet, maybe I'll make this my chocolate for the day and Twitter my opinion. I love toffee, and I love that I can get the occasional European novelty at my local shop. It was a banner week for shopping there Friday - picked up a box of Quisp cereal, too!

A few weeks ago I managed to get the new Vosges organic Enchanted Mushroon (66% dark with reishi mushroom and walnuts). Much as I love Vosges, I have to say I was a bit disappointed by this one. The snap and smell are nice, but it seemed each bit tasted gritty. I don't know if it's the chocolate or the ingredients - this is really the first organic product of theirs I've tried, so I may find a second product to eliminate the chocolate as the culprit. Otherwise, I have no complaints about the flavor, but it just didn't have the smoothness of the Dark Bacon Bar I also got on that excursion. (BTW, loved loved loved the Dark Bacon).

So rest assured, there will be more choco-blogging. Just pacing right now so I don't break out.

No comments: