Thursday, April 23, 2009

#RT09 so far...


Perhaps I am a closet masochist. I sprang for the $9.95 net access in the lobby - as I understand it, access is difficult to get in the rooms, but at least here I don't need an ethernet cable. Nor do I have do sit at the world's largest McDonald's across the street and listen to the endless cycle of "The Final Countdown" repeated on the jukebox.

I'm enjoying the lull between Club RT gigs now. I spent a few minutes at the Red Sage pool party, and when I saw there was no food (not much, anyway) I came into the shade. It's been a nice experience so far. If you've kept up on Twitter (#RT09) you'll find more details. Piers stopped by the table and signed Under a Velvet Cloak and Relationships. I'll try to have some of his books Saturday, and the rest I'll take to Balticon. Very enlightening conversation with him about writing and the small publishing biz, and how he writes to write. I admire how he doesn't necessarily allow himself to be confined to one genre, though many people who have come up to him here are familiar with his fantasy works. He did tip off that he is working on Relationships IV. Can't wait to see it!

Piers and Me



Alessia Brio was interview by ARe, so catch their radio program if you can. So far from the Phaze crowd, I've seen Bianca D'Arc, Marty Rayne, Adrianna Dane, Robin Slick, Stella Price, Eliza Gayle, Will Belegon, Cat Johnson, and Christine London. Everybody is pretty much spread out.

L.A. Banks and Will Belegon



Saw L.A. Banks at the eBook expo, thanked her for the wonderful At Last intro, got a hug. What a great lady.

What's left? There's a reception by the ARe folks, the Faery ball. I've opted out of heels because of the walking - this demon will be wearing Vans. The rest I'll make up as I go along.


1 comment:

Missy Lyons said...

This sounds fantastic Leigh! I am glad you are having so much fun.