Friday, December 12, 2008

Today's Chocolate


Been a while since I've posted my chocolate exploits. In truth, I haven't had time to enjoy much of it. Traveling and job transitions didn't exactly leave me craving the sweet stuff, but when I stopped at Linens and Things to see if anything was left worth buying, I found they had a few chocolate bars. The Ghirardelli Duet is combination of milk and dark chocolate, and possesses significant qualities of each. The bar has the decided snap of a dark, but the sweet, creamy taste of a milk. Really, I couldn't detect any bitterness in this bar at all, because the milk chocolate just overpowers. It's like the dark portion isn't there at all, not much of a balance. I suppose the one advantage to have the dark is that it changes the nutritional value of the chocolate, but of course I don't pay attention to that sort of thing when I'm trying to enjoy myself. :)

No comments: