Sunday, December 28, 2008

Kanoodling with Kindle

A not so secret Santa gifted me with the Kindle this year. I haven't actually used it yet, but I'm already in love with it. I tested it with a download and everything seems to look good. I went a bit nuts, too, at Project Gutenberg trying to fill in gaps on the Modern Library Top 100 list - books I have yet to read. Don't worry, I don't intend for this marvel to be used entirely for free books. Now that I have an eBook reader I can take advantage of a whole new library open to me.

As much of an advocate for eBooks as I am, I unfortunately have not bought any in a while. Mainly this is because I have so little time to read. What time I do have for eBooks is spent editing and proofing and formatting the ones Phaze releases, then I need to read and evaluate submissions from authors. Every week I see titles that look appealing, from publishers large and small. Of course, I always had the ability to buy, but having the Kindle gives me the option to carry many titles easily without having to lug my laptop anywhere. I'll like that I can go to the coffee shop with my husband with just the Kindle in hand and enjoy a good book. Maybe having this, too, presents a viral opportunity. It's my hope to catch a few interested glances - my magnetic personality is certain to help. Ha.

As you can see, Dare to Dream is up in the Kindle store. Ordering it was a snap, as will ordering any Phaze title from the Kindle store.

No comments: