Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today's Election Day Chocolate

Today I elected to break into a bar I've had in the stash for a while: the Sharffen Berger 62% Semisweet Dark. Man, what a sweet bar. I don't mean "sweet" as in the Peter Griffinesque "frickin' sweet". Like, tasty sweet. It's a flavor that seems to override the cacao. I'm wondering if I've hung onto this bar too long. It's not tempered much, and the snap was crisp and loud. The aroma I get after the rub is somewhat buttery but not entirely there. Dunno, maybe 62% is not my ideal cacao consistency. I might have to find a dark S-B bar for comparison one day.


Yes, I did vote today. I got lucky and hit a lull at the poll during lunch hour. In and out in five minutes. Tonight I'll claim my free Starbucks and Ben and Jerry's. After that, we'll probably settle back and drink all the wine we bought from our trip down the Heart of Virginia Wine Trail and watch the results. I won't reveal for whom I voted, but I can say it is always an interesting experience. My workplace is also a polling place - not mine. This morning the line to vote was wrapped around the building! Very proud to see it - regardless of your choice, that you would brave this rainy weather to make this important decision gives me hope for the country.

No comments: