Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This Week's Chocolate


I may not blog it daily, but I'm certainly enjoying it. :) I've been going back and forth on two bars: the Dark Chocolate Santander (65%) Colombian single origin, and something from Nestle simply called Nestle Black. I haven't been able to find a decent picture of the latter on the net. It is an import, that I know from the foreign scribbling riddled with umlauts and accent marks on the back label. From what I can pick out, this bar is 51%, though it's bitter and therefore tastes darker than the Santander. It's weird to try them side by side because of the multitude of flavors that come.

Where the Santander is sweeter and milder, the Nestle Black is comparable to the Choco-diffusion minis I had earlier this year. There is almost a coconut aftertaste to it. I can't say I would choose a favorite among these two - neither one particularly knocked my socks off, but the Nestle might make for a good palate cleanser should I need it.

No comments: