Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ben and Jerry in '08

The latest edition of Ben and Jerry "Chunkmail" sent to my inbox informs me that all scoop shops will give a free scoop to anybody on November 4th who comes in with an "I Voted" sticker.

Would you believe, too, that there is a Ben and Jerry's literally right around the corner from my polling place? Vote early and often, indeed.

I knew an author in the North Carolina area who got a local ice cream shop to create a flavor to promote her book. Of course, it was a collection of mommy humor columns a la Bombeck, so I imagine it was easy to do. I could propose that somebody design an ice cream comparable to my writing career, but I dread the inevitable fallout of snarkiness:

Pithed ice cream? Vanilla with a hint of formaldehyde and bits o'frog?

Saints Preserve Us? "Saintly" strawberry preserves mixed in with decadant chocolate? Each bite comes with a dose of Catholic guilt and a brain freeze to knock you blind.

The erotic stuff? Don't even think it.

1 comment:

Alessia Brio said...

*shrug* I think "Rocky Road" sums it all up. ;)