Thursday, September 25, 2008

Put the blame on Mame

Today's thought for the day was brief, yet somewhat right on target for me:

. . . justifying of self is blaming someone else. - Edgar Cayce Reading 2803-2

There is an excuse for everything, and I must admit I've been making up a lot of them lately. Unfortunately, a number of issues I have to deal with can only be resolved with the help of third parties who are not as responsive as I would like for them to be. I won't go into detail because I don't wish to spark rumors (these are molehills over which we can step), but I will say this: if you want the work, be prepared to do it and probably someone else's.

It's a dreary day outside. Almost looks like a hurricane, but it's more of a torrential storm with threats of flooding. Still, not a good day to be out, and it matches my mood a bit. My life feels so cyclical now - domestic strife, tensions, writer's block...all the same problems I had last year are back, right in the same month! I've been on word 3,600 of my mystery novel for months now. I just can't seem to get more written. It's frustrating. Yes, I enjoy the romance and erotica that comes easy to me, but this is a story I've promised to write. I feel as though I'm letting a lot of people down. Bleh.

Well, I suppose it can only get better. Grr...

No comments: