Friday, July 25, 2008

Today's Chocolate

Today's chocolate is a good sized portion of Charles Chocolate 65% bittersweet with mocha java pieces. I've had this bar for a while, and have sadly neglected it. On opening, I noticed it had tempered at the ends. If you have a bar you've not touched in a while and notice lighter brown streaks, that is the cocoa butter separating from the sugar, I believe. Whatever it is, you don't want it to happen. Whether the tempering has affected the flavor of the chocolate I can't say - the chocolate isn't very bitter, but the large bits of coffee bean are enough of a distraction to take away from any damage to the taste. To be honest, I needed this earlier in the day when I was about to doze off from sitting in this temperature-impaired office.

Of course, now I'm worried about The Stash, and if tempering stands to threaten anymore of my goodies. If so, I may have to start taking home bars on the weekend.

No comments: