Friday, July 11, 2008

Edgar Cayce

Today's thought came to my inbox this morning, worth sharing:


But the less one thinks of self's opinions, and the better listener one becomes, greater may be the opportunities for being of help or benefit to those about the entity.


Edgar Cayce Reading 2612-1


In other words: mouth shut and ears opens, and you'll be more valuable.

I find words like this can be applied to the work I do at Phaze. A good percentage of that work involves listening to authors and readers with concerns. I've done quite a bit of listening over the last two years, and as result have made changes which I hope did us some benefit. If you've been following us, you know our website design has changed a bit - a few times - so that we look more like an online publisher. It will very likely change in the future because I want the buying process to be as simple as possible to more readers. This may involve bringing in a new cart, which I dread because of the time and work involved. Switching to King Cart wasn't so bad when we didn't have so many titles. As we grow, so will the work load. Joy.

No comments: