Monday, July 14, 2008

Chocolate Frosted Backlash

Today's Chocolate

This week I cracked open one of the many Endangered Species bars I have in the stash. This would be the Rhino bar - 70% cacao dark with hazelnut toffee bit. I do mean bits, they are quite tiny and don't offer too pungent an aroma or flavor against the richness of the single-origin chocolate. Maybe it's because I've had this bar a while, too, but I don't detect the sheen I'm used to seeing with darker bars. In a three ounce bar divided into fifteen pillows, there is an ease in breaking and a satisfying snap with each bite. Ten percent of net profits from sales of these bar go to help various species and habitat causes, so it does alleviate some of the guilt of a sinfully delicious snack.

Frosted Hearts, Sweet Backlash, Green Clovers, and Blue Diamonds

New stuff at Phaze this week. Frosted Hearts is Angelia Sparrow and Naomi Brooks' sequel to Collared Hearts, a seasonally delightful story re-pairing two artistic lovers with an eye for color and kink. Sweet Backlash is an ambitious story by a newcomer to erotic romance, Violet Heart. Imagine walking into the wrong place at the wrong time, and everything turns out all right. That's how Chip sees it when he unexpectedly becomes Melony's new slave.

Also, Unexpected Connections is the latest in print from Jade Falconer. This is a collection of all their top contemporary shorts, including the Fictionwise bestseller Cold Hands, Warm... among others. I guess you could say it's Kink Week here at the Starlight Lounge, since this collection has a few mild BDSM themes to it as well.

Be on the lookout for my blog tomorrow at Romance Junkies. I'll talk a bit about Why, Why Zed? and maybe you'll get a surprise for visiting. Also, I received a nice review for YYZ from Rainbow Reviews, so be sure to check that out. Daringly Delicious is in the home stretch now, I hope to complete it by tonight or this week, barring more distractions.

No comments: