Monday, May 19, 2008

Cheesesteak, Furries, Sexy Books

Today's chocolate is a repeat, the last of the Dagoba Super Fruit bar. Nice taste for the day; I need it to replenish the energy spent in Philly. All in all, a good weekend for me. Of course, any day I sell one book is a great day, and I sold more than that at the festival. So I am totally pumped up for future book events with the East Coast gangsta chicks! And, it appears I may have another gig closer to home. More news on that later.

Things I learned on my trip:

  • Left turns in New Jersey are few and far between. I had to perform something called a "jug handle," which sounds dirtier than it actually is.
  • You can't pump your own gas in New Jersey. Union or legal thing, I forget.
  • Bernadette Peters is a tiny slip of a thing (everybody is next to me) but just gorgeous. She walked past me down an alley behind the Free Library after her signing.
  • Stella Price is afraid of furries. There were storybook characters greeting kids around the fest. Everytime a Berenstain Bear walked past Stella would hide behind us. But that's okay, she does a bang-up promo job. I bow to her cleverness.
  • Older men like the sexy. Robin Slick turned to me and said, "I haven't sold a book to anyone under the age of 75!"
  • Bridget Midway knows everybody. People in Philly are walking up to her. "Hey, remember me from such and such!"
  • Alessia Brio designed some AWESOME Coming Together buttons. If you come to Collingswood in October, I'll give you one.
  • The 4th Street Deli makes incredible kugel.
  • Cheesesteak with Cheez Whiz is pretty damn good.
  • White Castles will keep on a seven-hour drive down the Eastern Shore.

Can't wait til next year!

No comments: