Monday, April 21, 2008

Today's Chocolate

Today's chocolate is a half-ounce of Green and Black's Organic Maya Gold - a bittersweet dark chocolate (55%) with orange and spices. In my initial taste of this bar, I suspect the cacao content might be a bit higher, but it's difficult to tell with that burst of thick orange that explodes and lingers. The orange seems to enchance the tang of the cacao as well, and it's a welcome after lunch treat to cleanse the palate. There are no bits of anything to be found in this bar, unlike other flavor bars I've sampled, just the smooth fusion of orange (more peel than pulp, the way it tastes).

The taste of chocolate is a sensual pleasure in itself, existing in the same world as sex. - Dr. Ruth Westheimer

Oh, and an update on the bacon bar: I had another piece and didn't experience any problems. I'm guessing the first reaction was either a gastronomical adjustment or an odd coincidence. Choc on!

No comments: