Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Today's Chocolate

Today's chocolate is one ounce of Dagoba Lavender, dark chocolate (59%) with lavender and blueberries. I picked up a variety of Dagoba bars at the local organic grocer. I was there originally to replenish my supply of navel oranges and got distracted. Nothing wrong with that.

The light aroma of lavender was the first thing I sensed on opening the wrapper. Unlike other bars, Dagobas appear to be divided into sticks rather than squares, making it a challenge to divide the bar in fourths. Since I've been good on WW points today, I decided to splurge on half the bar (normally I take a half ounce at a time, I find the allotment satisfying).

I didn't know what to expect here, how well the lavender and chocolate would pair. It's not bad - I sort of feared an aftertaste akin to accidentally swallowing perfume, and though the sensation of lavender lingers in my mouth after each bite, it doesn't distract from the enjoyment of the bar. The blueberries I don't find to be too prevalent a presence. They are intermittent bursts of flavors that explode and quickly fade. I enjoy the texture and flavor of the chocolate, though, and look forward to trying the other three flavors I purchased. Don't know if I'll pick this one up again. Lavender does have its health benefits, but I might just leave it for my hand lotion.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done. - Anonymous

No comments: